Friday, November 19, 2010

My story with Popular Achievement Program

“And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years “Abraham Lincoln. In 2005 I had the chance to start a new life with new thoughts ,beliefs and achievements , this was when I participated in Popular Achievement  Program , I was  a member of “The Best Group ” , and  I have learned many things through my first experience in the program . It made me believe in the youth ability to change in their societies and how to be a good citizen, caring about the society issues, serving my community and building good relationships with others. I will never forget my experience as a participant in the program because it was my first step towards creating a better future for me and for my community as well. So 2005 was one of the years that count in my life. My belief on the program idea and objectives pushed me towards joining it again , so  In 2010 I decided to continue what I have started in 2005 so I applied for the program again and I was accepted but this time as a coach . The first step in my experience as a coach was to form a group. now I am a coach at Al-Asria center  for a group of 5 girls and 7 boys , and I can see in  their eyes the same bright future that I saw when I was a participant . Being a coach has taught me how to be responsible and how to think about others. Popular Achievement Program has given me great experiences in life, my character has changed to a better one, my thoughts has developed and now I have a wider view of life. The program is also proving that youth are citizens of today and they are able to make a change and create strategies to improve their society, it’s also giving them the chance to let their voiced heard.  In addition the program makes me realize how holy the human is. To make some one happy is huge thing you should be proud of. To help a family. To leave a mark!
I believe that generations learn from each other and popular achievement program made that obvious by teaching me about society and its issue and now I convey what I have taught to my group to make them creative. Special and good speakers.
 We have to stop talking about changing; we have to start it in action. And popular achievement is giving us the way to be the change which the society needs. And that will be our mission from now on, because we care, we can

2 comments:

  1. Really,
    you are creative :)
    I wish for you good future and see a lot of you, I see in your eyes a real PALESTINIAN girl!

    Good luck ...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this kind comment , I wish you a shiny future , too .
    and yes , you can see Palestine everywhere and in every part of us , because we Palestinian do really love our lands!

    ReplyDelete